Thursday, April 29, 2010

Sleep Problems #2

Well last night I decided I would write down the time every time Daniela woke up, and then again when she fell back asleep. I knew she wakes up a lot at night, but she always ends up in bed with me at some point so I can fall asleep nursing her and I'm not up half the night. The kid wakes up every THIRTY TO SIXTY MINUTES... When did it come to this??? When she was just a couple months old she only woke up twice a night! And at one point she would sleep up to five hours before she woke up! What is wrong with my baby?! I really don't know what to do. We have a bedtime routine that we start every night at 8:45pm. She gets her bath, a massage, pajamas and a book, then she eats a bottle and nurses to sleep. All that's gotten me is that she goes down for the first time about the same time every night. I even use soap and lotion that's lavander sented and supposed to help babies sleep. I've pretty much come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter how much she eats. The same thing happens when she eats 0 to 10 ounces of formula a day, on top of nursing. Why does she wake up all the time? I told Miguel that she needs to learn that I'm not going to get up every time she does and put her back to sleep, and he basically told me "oh yes you will". Nice. What am I supposed to do now?

1 comment:

  1. she needs to go to bed awke but sleepy and put herself to sleep. No music, no distractions. Do not go in as soon as she cries but give her a few minutes and then when you go in do not pick her up, pat her or put in paci but try to leave her in the crib. It may be easier to wait till you are settled again because it will be an adjustment

    ReplyDelete