I can't believe I haven't posted in a week! The time really flies. We've been very busy with things for Daniela's baptism on Saturday. The mass is at the Basilica of Our Lady of Guanajuato, and after that the reception is at a restaurant called Campo Viejo. There are 120 people on the guest list! I think it goes without saying that baptisms in Mexico are much more elaborate than in the States. On Saturday we went shopping and got Daniela a gown and matching shoes and a sheet. About a month ago we bought a romper type thing for under the gown. Wednesday night we went to a two hour long required class about baptism at the church. A week or two ago we met with a caterer to choose the menu. Now we are putting together centerpieces for the tables at the reception. I didn't have a big wedding, but I can imagine this is what it is like planning one. What a production...
Tomorrow we'll be traveling to the U.S. consulate in San Miguel de Allende to pick up Daniela's passport! I am so greatful everything went smoothly and it's all ready in plenty of time to travel to the States on June 3rd. Just a month away! Now we either have to get Daniela a Mexican passport or a tourist card so they let her leave Mexico without a problem. Sheesh. For some reason everything I want to do requires mountains of paperwork and legal red tape!
Daniela just started with babyfood at about five months old. First it was bananas, second avocado, afterwards a mixture of the two, and just today she tried apples. Sometimes she makes funny faces with the first few bites, but after that she seems to enjoy everything. I still think her favorite part is the spoon and not the food. I make all her food myself, and I think next we'll do carrots. I would do sweet potatoes but I'm not sure if what I think is a sweet potato here is really a sweet potato and not something else (what throws me is that it comes in two different colors...), and I don't want to be feeding her something she shouldn't be eating. Better safe than sorry!
One last thing - Daniela's been sleeping a little bit better lately. The other night she slept for a whole two hours in her crib, then she woke up and I moved her to my bed. Two seconds later when I went to get in bed to nurse her back to sleep, she was already asleep! She slept for something like another two hours before waking up again - so basically four hours in a row! Seems like something silly to celebrate, but believe me it's a big deal!
A Week Full of Blessings
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment