2 (10 inch) flour tortillas
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 teaspoon minced green chiles
3 ounces cream cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1. Heat oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Place onion, bell pepper, garlic and chiles in skillet, cook for 2 minutes stirring occasionally. Pour beans into skillet, cook 3 minutes stirring.
3. Cut cream cheese into cubes and add to skillet with salt. Cook for 2 minutes stirring occasionally. Stir cilantro into mixture.
4. Warm tortillas and spoon mixture evenly down center then roll up. Serve immediately.
I made these for lunch today and they were pretty yummy! Spicy chiles, sweet red pepper, and creamy philadelphia cheese, mmmmm! I made a few changes though. I used beans I cooked myself instead of canned, and I'm sure I used more than the recipe calls for. I also used a whole red pepper, loooots of green chiles, four ounces of light cream cheese, probably a tablespoon of minced garlic, and a good handfull of cilantro. It says only two tortillas, but I ate two and there was lots of filling left, so I'd say it makes a good five or six large burritos. I ate mine with light sour cream, but you could also add salsa or guacamole. I think it's a pretty healthy recipe. You get lots of fiber from the beans, some vitamin C from the red pepper, and a little extra protein from the cream cheese.
A Week Full of Blessings
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment