This semester I decided to look for a new job rather than stay at the school I taught at last year. I was teaching for the University of Guanajuato, but at their campus in Irapuato an hour away from our home. I loved the job and the people, but I hated commuting an hour there and an hour back every day. I also want to be closer to home because of the baby and how small she is still. Yesterday afternoon I went and turned in my c.v. at three different English schools here in Guanajuato. Two said they would be in touch, and one asked me for a sample class this morning. I gave the glass at 10 this morning, and right after they offered me a job, less than 24 hours after turning in my resume! It's just 13 hours of teaching a week, but I didn't want more than 20 hours this semester because of the baby, so it's really perfect for me. The school is on the other side of town, but easy to take a bus to and SO much closer than Irapuato. It's called Harmon Hall, and it's a chain of schools all over Mexico and in Guatemala. It's website is in Spanish, but if you want to take a look it's at
http://www.harmonhall.com/. I start Monday and am super excited! It's a super nice school, offers tons of resources to the teachers (materials and workshops), has small class sizes (10 to 15 students), and is in a beautiful part of Guanajuato called San Javier. My schedule there also allows me to give private classes on Saturdays to the doctor I saw when I was pregnant with Daniela, as well as her sister.
what will you do with Daniela? Congrats! I am glad you found something closer to home.
ReplyDeletethe only day we need someone to watch her because we work at the same time is saturday. miguel's cousin andrea is probably going to babysit.
ReplyDelete