Thursday, November 26, 2009

Welcome Baby Daniela!

Baby Daniela Elizabeth Silva Korte was born Tuesday November 24th (39 weeks 6 days gestation) at 2:08pm by c-section. I was induced that morning due to slightly elevated blood pressure, and reached 7-8 cm dilation, but ended up having the baby via c-section because she was presenting face first. When she was born her entire face was both bruised purple and extremely puffy. The doctor talked to me about it before they would let me see her, and he said she looked as if she'd been in a bad boxing match. Poor thing. I couldn't breastfeed at first because her lips were puffy and not able to suction correctly. The first few times she ate was by syringe, then later she ate at my chest but with the help of a supplementing system (tube and syringe). The following day (Wednesday) she latched on herself and has been doing quite well since, considering we've only been breastfeeding for a day now. She weighed 3000 grams (about 6lbs 9.5ozs) when she was born, and most of her clothes are pretty big on her. Hopefully she gains weight fast once my milk comes in. We both came home Wednesday night after only one night in the hospital, and are doing very well! In one week I get my stitches out. I will post pictures as soon as I have some more time.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to meet Daniela. Your sister held baby Griffin alot the day before I came to visit, she said she knew I'd hog the baby. Can you believe that?

    ReplyDelete