Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Babies, babies, babies!

Sometimes I can't believe how many people I grew up with are having babies or already have kids. These are some of my friends' stories.

Senior year of high school I sat next to two girls in British Literature, Sara and Erin. Erin is married and has two kids, a little boy named Ethan, and a baby girl born earlier this year named Ella. Sara is also married and has a little girl named Bridgette Anne who is almost two, and is about 30 weeks pregnant with thier second baby.

Another girl I graduated with, Alex, is married and pregnant with her first baby. It's a little girl and they're going to name her Macy June. Her due date is 11 days before mine, which makes her a few days overdue. She's going to be induced on Thursday if she doesn't have the baby before then.

In high school I sang in choir with a girl named Amy. We graduated the same year, and Amy's daughter Olivia just celebrated her first birthday.

During college I worked a few summers and holidays at Elder Beerman with a girl named Alisha. Alisha graduated the same year as I did, but from a neighboring high school. She got married shortly after high school and they have a son named Logan Andrew who will soon be a year old.

A friend who graduated a year behind me in high school, Amanda, is married and about a month ago had a baby boy by emergency C-section. He was born full term but spent some time in the NICU. His name is Wesley James, and unfortunately he is back in the hospital now for a couple weeks because he has some sort of infection.

A girl I roomed with sophomore year of college, Anna, graduated one semester before me and got married. She and her husband did missions work with Hope College in Africa years ago - she as a nursing student and he as an engineering student. They are now adopting two little boys from Africa - Judah (2) and Micah (1). The boys are not biological brothers, but come from the same children's home.

When I studied abroad here in Guanajuato almost three years ago, I lived with a woman named Lulu and her daughter Patty. Patty and I occasionally hung out with her cousin Paulina, who is a couple years younger than me. Paulina got married in April, and is also expecting a baby girl this month. Her name will be Alejandra.

And finally, I just found out that another one of my friends named Amy that I graduated from high school with is married and ten weeks pregnant with fraternal twins! She herself is a twin to her brother Greg.

Okay, so maybe not a very interesting post for everybody else, but it just blows my mind.

1 comment:

  1. It is interesting to me too! I cannot wait to hear that you have had my neice!!!

    ReplyDelete