Saturday, August 14, 2010

Lately

This is what Daniela's room looks like most days around mid-afternoon... a mess! I put everything away every night, so it's clean when she goes to bed and when she gets up in the morning, but all day long we take more and more toys out of the toy box, and it gets to be a disaster zone. Lately her favorite toys are the Baby Noah discovery cards. She likes to look at the pictures on both sides and turn them over and wave them in the air and rub them on the carpet. She spends forever playing with those cards (that's a big pile of them on the right hand side of the picture).



One day this week we took our first ever trip to the library. It's been years since I've been to the public library! The children's floor has been remodeled with pretend trees inside and lattice work, it was really cute. They have lots of books and toys and fun things, like this puzzle, for little kids. Lap reads and different classes start in September. I'm going to try to sign Daniela up for one of them. They read books, dance to music, play, and do different activities. Babies can start as young as six months! Daniela will be about ten months when the classes actually begin.

Another puzzle - this one Melissa & Doug. I love everything Melissa & Doug. They have tons of wooden puzzles. We played with this one because the first one had big nobs on the pieces, and I think they reminded Daniela of her pacifier. She kept putting them in her mouth! Luckily at the library they have a basket labeled "Oops, went in my mouth!", so they make sure stuff like that gets cleaned.



Wooden blocks. She liked the wheels on the cars and trucks. I tried to keep the pacifier in her mouth so she wouldn't put these in her mouth too. Luckily at home I don't care if she puts stuff in her mouth - because she puts EVERYTHING in there (including whatever little goodies she happens to find on the floor...).




She liked these toys a lot too - maybe because of the bright colors? She put her hands in the bucket and swished them all around, and she swung around the ones that were tied on a shoe lace. Her pacifier fell in the bucket once. I pretended like it didn't happen...

1 comment:

  1. so adorable. I guess the last time I was at the Howell library was high school? Our library is not nearly as cool.

    ReplyDelete