It's hard to believe Daniela is already eight months old. I didn't do a post for seven months, so there are lots of new developments and milestones to share this month. Around 6 1/2 months Daniela started clapping (thanks to
Gramie, who taught her to "patty cake"). Around the same time she first went swimming in a pool, and now she absolutely loves the water. She likes to splash in the bathtub and get Mom wet. Not too long ago she successfully started self feeding - which she'd been trying to do for a long time but never really got much in her mouth until recently. She eats a few different finger foods, including Gerber Puffs and Yogurt Melts, Cheerios, and small pieces of bananas, pears, peaches, and chicken. She's started pulling up to things without help, and four days before she turned eight months old she started crawling! She'd been trying for so long I was starting to think she'd never get the hang of it and just skip to walking. Everyday now she gets better, faster, and goes further. She already goes room to room and terrorizes the dog. She easily goes from sitting to crawling and back to sitting. She has already
confiscated and gummed a dog treat (afterwards her breath smelled like pepperoni). And another exciting new development - a few nights ago she slept through the night for the very first time! She slept by herself in her bed over 11 hours without waking up. Two days later I forgot to turn on the baby monitor (oops), and she slept all night in her own bed again (almost 9 hours), although she woke up and cried for a few minutes around midnight, then went back to sleep. She's a very fun little girl, and I'm sure she'll be doing a lot more new things by just next month! About a week and a half ago she went to doctor. She now weighs 18 1/2 pounds (75th percentile), and measures 28 1/2 inches (90th percentile).

Swimming - she already kicks her feet.

Loving the water!

Practicing with a cup.
She loses a lot and gets pretty wet -
so the pool is a good place to practice.

Eating Cheerios.

I left her playing on the floor in her bedroom to go to the kitchen and make a bottle.
When I came back she had made her way to her toy box and pulled up all by herself!
After I took the picture she cried - I don't think she knew what to once she was up there.
oh my I cannot believe it already!
ReplyDeleteShe is growing so fast! Enjoy every moment! You caputred some cute pictures and I am sure you are having a blast with the nice summer weather!
ReplyDelete